lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev dev17 - lynxcfg.html problems

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev17 - lynxcfg.html problems
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:53:11 -0500 (EST)

> >>  Also I suggest to add the 'usage' message to the script, and some comment
> >> to the top of lynx.cfg about what those lines starting with '.' are.
>
> > There's a comment at the top of cfg2html.pl (which is a little sketchy).
> > I'll add a complement to that in lynx.cfg (explaining how to maintain
> > the '.' lines properly, or a pointer to cfg2html.pl for more details).
>
> Not a pointer: it should belong to lynx.cfg where the markup done.
>
> Also, I found that string in single parenthesis like keymapping 'o' is
> emphasized with <strong>, very nice but not explained in the comment
> (unless you read the script or try the output).

yes - like other people on this list, I wanted to see how people did/didn't
like it before finishing the documentation.  (plus I've found it helps to
move away from code for a week or so before documenting it, since I remember
sometimes too well what I intended ;-)

> I have a pending message, written before Vlad' original message
> so you know about repetitions and I bring other items also:
>
> General:
>
> - INCLUDE section was not covered by any generated html file,
> a note on lynx.cfg comments syntax is also useful in body.html
> so you can write your own small cfg file by only reading body.html
> but not the original lynx.cfg
>

> Problems detected in body.html:
>
> - Try to search body.html for "html_proxy" - it is happen to found
> several times with different (wrong) context:
>
> 1) Internal Behaviour -> CSO_PROXY (more or less,
>          but let http_proxy will be the main entry in *_proxy group)
> 2) External Programs -> PRINTER
> 3) External Programs -> GLOBAL_EXTENTION_MAP
> 4) External Programs -> GLOBAL_MAILCAP
>
> Also, *_proxy declaration names converted to uppercase,
> not sure they will be accepted and properly exported into environments
> by any reasonably old lynx version. (comment says: starting lynx 2.2 [...])

that's perhaps a special case (I had in mind the majority of the keywords
which are case-independent, by convention only in uppercase).

> UPLOADER also have entries for 3) and 4) - something wrong with script
> generating body.html (no repetitive entries in cattoc.html though).

Vlad indicated there was a problem with the script which generates
followup entries - I assume this is related.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden