lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.17

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.17
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 08:52:32 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> 15-Dec-99 06:29 T.E.Dickey wrote:
> > I've a handful of configuration/porting issues, but would like to make the
> > next patch a pre-release.  That would incorporate only bug-fixes...

> This up to Klaus (main contributor this days).

I'll try. :)

But if you look at my recent patches, I think you'll find that most of them
were already fixes and tweaks, not features.

> > * refresh screen for TRST changes in partial display mode as early as
> > possible.
> >   This fixes a problem when the table finished below the screen bottom -LP

(Nits: I disagree with the description.  (1) it's not strictly "as early as
possible".  You are still waiting for the next regular HTDisplayPartial
call, which may not do anything immediately.  (2)  It doesn't "fix a
problem" IMO, it just tries to implement a different preference.)

> I will undo this next pass, perhaps.

I assume this is about

+#ifdef DISP_PARTIAL
+       /* allow HTDisplayPartial() to redisplay the changed lines.
+        * There is no harm if we got several stbl in the document, hope so.
+       NumOfLines_partial -= lines_changed;  /* fake */
+#endif  /* DISP_PARTIAL */

Did you see my mail where I tried to explain why it's wrong, and
suggested ho to do it instead?

   Klaus