lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx and Tables

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx and Tables
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 20:00:28 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Martin McCormick wrote:

>       I was just reading the html tutorial from netscape and it says
> that tables are supported by all major browsers except lynx.  What
> exactly happens when one tries to read a table in lynx?
>
>       I have been using lynx for several years and have probably run
> across all kinds of tables, but I usually don't stop and download
> every web page to read how it is put together unless something really
> odd happens.  Now, I am curious.

There is a description in the Lynx Users Guide, under "Lynx and HTML
Tables".

Recently more text was added, see the current development code's
version of the Users Guide.  You can access it as
<http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/lynx2-8-3/lynx_help/Lynx_users_guide.html>.

It seems you missed a lot of recent discussions about lynx & tables;
see the mailing list archives at <http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/>,
look for messages with "table", "TRST", "t2thtml" in the subject, in
the last months.

   Klaus