lynx-dev

lynx-dev Getting image in the screen and source from command line (fwd)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev Getting image in the screen and source from command line (fwd)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 22:12:39 -0400 (EDT)

991019 L R Ramesh wrote to me: this is beyond my knowledge,
but lynx-dev is the place to ask all Lynx-related questions;
hopefully, someone more knowledgeable will be able to help.

> Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 22:25:12 +0500
> From: L R RAMESH <address@hidden>
>
> Sir,

quite correct for me as author of LHFB,
but several of the Lynx volunteer team are women.

> We developed a TV TOP unit which will access the internet via modem
> and act tv as monitor by using the SHELL ACCOUNT service.
> As the operating cost and the cost of hardware required is cheaper
> than that of TCP/IP account, hopes the internet facility will reach
> in every house using this unit.
>
> We like add little graphics to the same unit while browsing.
> Our isp using lynx version 2.7 in the unix system for the shell account.

you should get your ISP to upgrade to the latest 2-8-2
from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release ; 2-8-3 should be released soon.