lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev How can I "paste" a text file into a website input field?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev How can I "paste" a text file into a website input field?
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 12:10:00 -0400 (EDT)

991013 E W Six inquired about using Kermit `transmit' with Lynx:

using Lynx 2-8-2dev.19 & Kermit , i successfully transmitted a test file
to the input field, but Lynx got suspended in the process,
so i had to enter  fg  to recall it again.  using Screen,
the data was treated as commands, as Screen/Kermit won't talk to one another:
i regularly have to suspend Screen with  ^a d
before starting UNIX Kermit to up/download files from/to my PC.

i would recommend first getting the latest release Lynx 2-8-2
from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release  (2-8-3 should be released soon),
which has strong mechanisms for copying from a file to a form field;
if you have problems compiling or using it, ask lynx-dev for advice.
then you can download your data from your PC to a UNIX file with Kermit
& copy that file into the BLAST form using the newer Lynx.

Screen allows simple copying of data from one window to another,
but it's awkward for longer strings, which you say some of yours are.