lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev patch: Textarea editing and charset

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev patch: Textarea editing and charset
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 09:45:28 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Kim DeVaughn wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 09, 1999, Klaus Weide (address@hidden) said:
> | >       f->disabled        = anchor->input_field->disabled;
> | > +     f->value_cs        = anchor->input_field->value_cs;
> |
> | Actually that should be
> |
> |   +     f->value_cs        = current_char_set;
> |
> | instead.  Similar logic is used in LYForms.c for line-editing
> | of input fields.
>
> The above code is only executed when we need to "clone" new textarea
> lines, in which case I think it is clearer what's being done the way
> Marek coded it (taking the value from the previously existing textarea
> line).

You are only cloning the meta information here, but not any content, at
that point.

> | Normally anchor->input_field->value_cs should already be initialized
> | to have the same value as current_char_set, but there can be some
> | situations where that's not the case.  (E.g. if you have just changed
> | the d.c.s. in the 'O'ptions screen, and the document containing the
> | form wasn't reloaded as a result of that - probably because it was
> | not the top one.)
>
> If that could happen, it seems that the original textarea lines would
> have an incorrect value then.

Yes indeed.  And it can happen.  I pointed out the situation I am aware
of.  It probably isn't a common one (how often to you change d.c.s.?)
but still, why not put the current right value there, it's gonna be
a new line filled with now content by the user anyway.

> Perhaps we need to think on this some more ...?

I did.  Your comments?

Oh, and INSERT_FILE should probably be labelled according to
ASSUME_LOCAL_CHARSET, not d.c.s., when the cloned lines are first
filled in.

  Klaus