lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: so eg mutt can run it as "server"?

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: so eg mutt can run it as "server"?
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 08:15:53 -0400

On Mon, Oct 04, 1999 at 01:43:41PM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:
> > I think you're out of luck with passing a file to a running
> > lynx, and you'll need to just spawn a new lynx process on a
> > message-by-message basis, via a .mailcap file.
> Jim Spath used to have a page up somewhere that had a "sonofbabymail.pl"
> script that did the processing of the mail.  If you look back far enough
> in the archives you should find some info on how to set it all up (about
> March or April of 1997).

http://www.bcpl.net/~jspath/perl/sonofbabymail.pl

is a script that turns UNIX mail streams into pages that lynx can browse
as hypertext, fwiw.

  ... 4566 Feb 25  1997 perl/sonofbabymail.pl

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
The dew has clearly fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning.