lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev progress...

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev progress...
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 03:19:05 +0500 (SAMST)

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Henry Nelson wrote:

> > ...mulling over how to delimit their portability & packaging.
>
> I still think streamlining lynx.cfg, and correspondingly strengthening
> LYReadCFG.c, would make conversions of lynx.cfg to any form absolutely
> trivial. Even if LYReadCFG.c were doubled in size, I still think it
> would in the long run be more efficient and more portable. If someone
> is going to spend hours anyway, why not spend it writing c rather than
> using half a dozen different interpreter languages in a bunch of scripts

  The scripts use sh,sed,cpp. 'configure' uses sh,sed. The only "interpreter"
that is added is cpp that is used for document preprocessing.

 Tom, I think that the pre-built versions of lynx.cfg and html files should be
also shipped (so the user won't need reliable c preprocessor to built them) -
in order not to loose the quality of generated documentation due to portablity
corrections applied to scripts.

> that only one person really knows how they work.

>[...]

 Best regards,
  -Vlad