lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Licensing Lynx -- License inconsistencies

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Licensing Lynx -- License inconsistencies
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 13:37:44 -0400 (EDT)

> The file named COPYING, distributed with Lynx, claims that Lynx is
> covered by the GNU General Public License, some parts of the code -- in
> particular, the code from Bellcore -- carry advertising restrictions
> which are incompatible with the GPL:

This is from a module that uses part of metamail - and you left out the
previous line:

        Some of the following is taken from:

(when citing things, it's useful to have the proper context).

-- if it's a problem, we'll rewrite the code (not a big problem, since some
   people on the lynx-dev list have in fact already made changes to this).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden