lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Slang - ncurses - TeraTerm

From: Michael Warner
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Slang - ncurses - TeraTerm
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 22:25:17 -0700

On or about 29 Jul, 1999, T.E.Dickey
<address@hidden> wrote:

        [...]

> That sounds right.  Perhaps you can do this (force lynx to read from
> /dev/tty):
>
>   #!/usr/local/bin/tcsh
>   formail -I "" $1 | ${HOME}/bin/scripts/txt2html.pl --mail >
> /tmp/warner/mutt-tmp.html
>   ${HOME}/bin/lynx -blink -nopause -preparsed /tmp/warner/mutt-tmp.html
> </dev/tty
>   rm /tmp/warner/mutt-tmp.html
>
> That's because curses reads from stdin and writes to stdout (standards are
> useful).  I guess slang doesn't follow that standard, if it "works" in that
> case.  The shell script's stdin is passed down to subprocesses, but you can
> override any of them.

I'll see what that does, thanks.

> -- But why didn't you use the -dump option?  (You'll still get a lot of escape
>    sequences written as part of the output screen, otherwise).

I want the interactive lynx session - -dump just dumps and exits,
right?  Example: onlinemag.com sends out a periodic mailing with
a bunch of blurbs and URLs for its new articles.  I "open the
email" in lynx and use that page as a base/index to surf the
references.  A lot of these places will send out the newsletter
in HTML form, but I'm a little leary of what they might consider
good mark-up practice, etc.  The marked up plain-text version I
get my way seems the most efficient for me.

Also works well on lynx-dev:

"I go to <http://somepage> and do this and then that, and then
the screen looks like this.  Why?" gives a link to the problem
page and a description of the problem to flip back and forth to.

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>