lynx-dev

Re: Lynx test cases [Was: Re: lynx-dev non-sticky text inputs

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: Lynx test cases [Was: Re: lynx-dev non-sticky text inputs
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 14:19:29 -0400 (EDT)

From: Heather <address@hidden>

> I'm for it, I'm in.  (HTML coding, now *that* I can do.  It's much easier
> for me to do in small chunks too.)

I think so as well.

> Heck, I'll even surf the javascript forums and see if I can find some
> scripts which do All Those Popular Things (first on my list are forms
> validation, and "rollover" scripts) with the following requirements

I think this is a great idea!

> so people can chat about it?  How about "LynxCaps" -- I want to hear/
> read people talk about "yeah, surf over to LynxCaps and grab their
> sidebar page, there's a great start"

I recommend that while we are set up to feature Lynx and provide
a working area for lynx develop to test out new features, that the sharing
part push hard the use of content over glitz.  If those of you in the
audience could provide tips and techniques that also make the pages _look_
snazzy, so much the better!

> I suppose each beautiful page should have a hotlink to a screenshot of
> what it looks like in lynx (version specified).  I know there are eyeball
> validators (er, that is, go there and type in a URL, it will run it by

Some one at one point had a CGI that would somehow use lynx to render a page
- that would be even neater!

> lynx and show you what it looks like right away) but they wouldn't be
> using dev versions of lynx, I think, and may lose the power of color
> when that would be good to show.

Depends on who was sponsering the CGI and how much power they wanted to
provide.

> For getting the word out, we could offer reciprocal links to lynx-clean
> sites that mention it :)

Great idea!

> What are we gonna do if people start offering donations, or someone wants
> to sell us ad banners 'cuz we're so glitzy? :D

Then you and I (and the others who contribute) jump at the chance to make
some money ....
"bringing sanity back to the internet"
(one of the slogans I submit for use by the site)...
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>
-><-