lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev "-dump" format

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev "-dump" format
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 00:02:09 +0100 (BST)

> When I use "-dump", the formatted output has all the lines numbered, and
> is followed by a section of equal size called "References" which repeats
> all the lines.  The numbers in the first section are enclosed in brackets;
> in the second section the numbers are followed by periods.

It only has this form in the degenerate case that the document is
a list of raw URLs.  In general it behaves like academic papers
with reference numbers in the text refering to a list of citations
at the end.

I find this format useful, in that it allows me access to links in
a document when I'm working from an offine hard copy.