lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 2.8.3dev.2 patch 7 - FTP dir formats, lynx.man

From: Mike Castle
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.3dev.2 patch 7 - FTP dir formats, lynx.man
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 03:17:10 -0500

On Sat, Jun 26, 1999 at 10:52:18PM -0500, Klaus Weide wrote:
> * Added support for accessing FTP directory listings in "dls" style sent
>   by some OS/2 servers.  Only one server was known and used for testing, so
>   the heuristics used may not be quite general enough.  File date/time is
>   not shown since it doesn't seem to be part of the basic format.

Out of curiousity, how did you decide that these are OS/2 servers?

>From poking around on ftp.icsi.berkeley.edu, it's most likely a unix server
(don't see man chmod g+s directories on an OS/2 box).

Plus, another site that used to have this type of listing, ftp.uwp.edu (now
apparently defunct), was definitely unix.

I don't mean to be picky, but calling it OS/2 is probably a misnomer.
Following mirror's lead and calling it "dls" might be better.

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all