lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 2-8-3 can't edit local file

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2-8-3 can't edit local file
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 13:12:32 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Mihaly Gyulai wrote:

> I receive a message :
> 'Lynx cannot currently (e)dit remote WWW files.'
>
> (when I try to edit a message _locally_...)
>
> With 2-8-2 there was no such problem.
>
> What can be a solution ?

First make sure you have an editor defined (see Options screen).

Can you edit *any* files from lynx, or was this a special situation?

Describe in more detail what you were doing (URL of displayed document,
contents of INFO ('=') screen).  You were trying to edit "a message"??

What OS you are using etc.

   Klaus