lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Configuring Lynx - invalid cookies

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Configuring Lynx - invalid cookies
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 03:51:20 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> Unfortunately, lynx does not provide a simple answer to this request.  I've

You seem to have misread the request.  He asked for enabling persistent
cookies, which he didn't have at all.  You are asking for a different
thing.

> wanted the same thing myself - to have lynx accept ALL cookies, never
> prompting.  It sure would make batch use of lynx easier.  There are

It might also make batch abuse of lynx easier.

> configure flags for persistent cookies, options documented in the man pages
> and README (and lynx.cfg), etc. for setting a variety of _known_ sites, etc.

I would agree that the documentation is lacking, and what it says may
not be strictly true esp. with regards to ACCEPT_ALL_COOKIES.

Some mechanism for making "loose invalid cookie checking" the default
for all domains was discussed some months ago, but so far not implemented.

I have some LYCookie.c changes (to be submitted soon) that would make
it easier to set this as default *at compile time*, by changing one
#define, for those that really really want invalid cookies silently
accepted by default.

   Klaus