lynx-dev

Re: a feature I would love

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: a feature I would love
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 07:53:41 -0400

At 10:17 PM 6/7/99 -0400, you wrote:
>On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Al Gilman wrote:
>
>) 1. Do you have the latest 2.8.2 code?  The incremental navigation by
>) numbers of links is new in this version.
>
>Lynx Version 2.8rel.2 (1998)

OK, you do _not_ have the software that implements this feature yet.

>) 2. When I say "5g+<CR>" the + is a character you must type.
>)
>) <numeral 5><lowercase letter g><punctuation plus sign +><carriage return
CR>
>)
>) is the command line.
>
>Alert!: Unable to access document.
>
>(it appears to ignore the 5, then get into a "Go" command and the "+" sign
>is the input for the god command.)
>
>) Obviously shift(<down arrow>) would be quicker.  Lynx doesn't have built-in
>) macro service to define a key-to-keysequence mapping.  Yet.  Do you want to
>) contribute that?
>
>What language is lynx written in?  Where can I look at the source?

It is written in C.  You can look at the source at the distribution
website.  Check for the "breakout" link where the entire distribution, file
by file, is up on the web.  To develop patches you will want to work with
the up-to-date current development code.

That is the second link off the home page at <lynx.browser.org>.

Al