lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev have big patch

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev have big patch
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 18:01:43 -0400 (EDT)

> Anyway, from responses so far it seems that release is to proceed,
> so I won't try to separate some of my changes out and rush them in
> at the last minute.  I'll save the whole thing for 2.8.3, and hope that
> can be released soon-ish (with less interval than 2.8.1 -> 2.8.2).

Well, we all have differing schedules - LP had suggested a release for
early this year, but I was heavily involved in a project with some high
school students at that point, and could not have done a good job of
integrating a release.  (Putting out a release always requires much more
time than normal ongoing integration, even when I hold off other development).

But I don't have anything unusual in mind for time-consuming activities for
several months to come.  So (if we don't get bogged down in followup rewriting)
it's probably doable to put out a 2.8.3 in 2-3 months.  (Just the pieces I
have seen will use up more than a month to work through - your patch, from
the description, is as large).  The closer we can stick to the agenda, the
sooner we can put out a 2.8.3

If we're more/less in agreement, then, I can finish off my draft of the
release page.  (LP had some good criticism of the 2.8.1 webpage - I'm
sure we can revise the 2.8.2 webpage...)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden