lynx-dev

lynx-dev submitting forms does not work -- always empty; version 2.8.1

From: Robert Brown
Subject: lynx-dev submitting forms does not work -- always empty; version 2.8.1
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 11:55:47 -0400

This problem suddenly started occuring today.  (Does lynx have a Y2K bug?
:-)  Maybe I have a lynx virus? :-)

I can longer submit forms (method=GET).  Lynx always thinks the forms are
empty and the server usually complains.  This is pretty annoying.

For example, if I visit www.altavista.com (I accept all the cookies), when
I submit the form (using 'x', just in case), I land on an empty query.
When I type '=' to find the current URL, it's

http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?

and the 'Submit' on this new blank query page is

http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?text

(which is extremely non-sensical).  The 'Submit' on this new blank query page
is completely non-functional -- Lynx does nothing at all.

I tried the older version that came with my Slackware 3.2 i386 Linux
system, version 2.6, and it works fine (though, clearly, it's less
featureful).

I thought it might have been a lost shared library, but I checked.

I tried renaming my .lynxrc out of the way.  That wasn't it.  I tried
restoring an older lynx.cfg and that wasn't it.

Besides /usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg, does lynx depend upon any other external
files?  Especially for submitting forms?

Thanks.

P.S. Sorry if this is an FAQ, but I couldn't [easily] search the mail
     archives without being able to 'Submit'!

--
Robert Brown                        |         Continuum Software, Inc.
email:address@hidden       | 800 West Cummings Park, Ste 4950