lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.23

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.23
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 00:12:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Philip Webb wrote:

> 990423 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > * change the STARTFILE description in lynx.cfg to offer the user's home
> >   directory as an alternative to lynx.browser.org (amended this to reflect
> >   consensus that l.b.o should be the default -TD) - PW
> subject to further discussion via lynx-dev,
> i hope my version as above will be restored in dev.25 .

I haven't gone back through the archive to confirm, but my
recollection is, indeed, that the consensus was to leave lbo as the
default, with the home directory as the alternative. I remember lots
of discussion about this. I hope my memory isn't playing tricks on me.
I don't believe that the original patch was generally accepted as is.
                               Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)