lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev -prettysrc problems

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev -prettysrc problems
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 09:50:17 +0400 (MSD)

27-Apr-99 07:52 Vlad Harchev wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

>> I know of two problems with -prettysrc mode
>> comparing to "normal" source mode (so we could not
>> use it as permanent flag when running lynx):
>>
>> 1) 8bit attributes do not translated

>  IMO it's a source view, so they shouldn't be translated (at least
> implementation of this is unclear to me)

Try any russian html page with images and alt= attributes, rather
annoing to see attributes not translated while other text translated OK.
This is unclear for me either but this implemented in HTML.c (not SGML.c)
via TRANSLATE_AND_UNESCAPE_TO_STD() and TRANSLATE_FILDNAME_TO_STD() calls,
also TRANSLATE_AND_UNESCAPE_ENTITIES*() - see HTML.h

>> 2) LY_SOFT_NEWLINE not used, so printing to localfile
>> will cut lines at display width.

>  May be this is HText* rendering problem?
ask Tom.