lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev dev.24 Archive link runaround

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev.24 Archive link runaround
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 04:07:25 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 24 Apr 1999, Philip Webb wrote:

> as the one responsible for that change,
> my understanding is that the final  /  is needed only after the 1st part,
> not after subsequent (sub)directory names,

It's more or less the other way 'round.  Most of the time.

> but if Flora objects, by all means add the  /  or original  /html/ .

It's up to them whether they regard

           http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/
or
           http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev

as the "right" URL.  But with most servers the first would normally be the
right URL.  The second then only may work via a redirection.

You're too well-connected.  If there was a slow link beween you Lynx and
the server, you would probably notice the redirection.

    Klaus