lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev removing strings used in CTRACE when configured without tra

From: John Bley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev removing strings used in CTRACE when configured without tracing
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 09:02:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Vlad Harchev wrote:

>  The are several approaches:
> 1)Use a feature of gcc - macros with variable number of arguments, in this
>   case we can do the following

Non-portable.  Not a good fix.  Nice to know it exists though, thanks.

> 2)  First I've written the following script
> 3) So I wrote the the small program using lex (it does the same as script
> above, but very fast).

These are both good ideas, but I'm leery of letting scripts modify 1000+
lines of code in this manner.  I don't think there's an easy way to fix this
properly.  It's best to just let it slide for now, perhaps worry about it
after 2.8.2.
I'm almost positive this is a bug in the C compiler.  Perhaps
I'll take umbrage with the gcc folk.

--
John Bley - address@hidden
Duke '99 - English/Computer Science