lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Commenting...

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Commenting...
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 15:22:06 +0500 (SAMST)

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> From: Michael Sobolev <address@hidden>
> >certain values for LINK, and for META tgs.  But the only author I found
> >(<META>)
> >doe not work with Lynx: when I press c on my newly create page with author
> >meta information, I get the message no owner is defined.
>

> Anyone on the list gone thru and determined how much of HTML 4.0 lynx does
> currently support?  It might be useful to have a checklist of HTML 4 features
> and the ones lynx currently supports and the ones it could support with
> contributions from someone...

  Lynx doesn't support core attrs (see SGML definition of HTML) that deal with
script events - there is no html tag, the core attrs of which lynx supports
fully. But it doesn't hurt since there is no JS support yet.
  A lot of attrs whose value is href are not supported - span.href, div.href,
{img,frame,iframe}.longdesc , {q,blockquote,ins,del,}.cite - they are
especially useful in PSRC mode - you can browse those hrefs. May be it will be
useful if lynx support them - ie add those hrefs to the rendered version with
special notes.
  img.name is not supported (as I understand, it's the same as 'id')
  A lot of attributes of tags concerning tables are not supported - like
{table,td}.background (it's href of the image - these attr are absent in
 HTML 4.0 spec, but are supported  at least by IE, ad may be by NS).

BTW, I can add the attrs whose value is URL to the HTMLDTD.[ch] - IMO they are
useful when in PSRC mode.

> --
> Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>
> Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should
> be construed as representing my employer's opinions.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad