lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev ayuda

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev ayuda
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 08:53:50 +0100 (BST)

> Hi my name is alejandro, I'm from Mexico, and,I'm conected with a LAN net,
> and the file "lynx.exe" say this "alert Unable to conect to remote host",
> and "cant access startfile http://linx.browser.org";

> I think that the reason is that I didn't create a "Lynx.bat".
> I don't know how to create a bat file, and what I put inside of this file.

Lynx is not primarily a program for Microsoft operating systems, but
there are two significantly different versions (MS-DOS + DOS extender
and Win32) for those operating systems and several releases of these,
so you really need say which operating system and which version of Lynx.
Please don't assume that Microsoft are the only operating systems and
don't need to be mentioned.

Assuming you are talking about MS-DOS, even the basic user documentation
describes how to create .bat files and, if you cannot follow that, setting
up any TCP application on plain DOS is sufficiently complex that you should
really get help from someone in person (or from your ISP, if they support
DOS access - no UK one would these days).

The Win32 versions don't need a .bat file creating.