lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Anyone know of a compatible email service?

From: tlhall
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Anyone know of a compatible email service?
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 08:31:58 -0600

On Wed, Apr 07, 1999 at 05:43:53PM -0400, Bruce Bailey wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a free web-based email service that is VERY compatible
> with Lynx? ...

I've found mailcity.com to be real usable for lynx.

Some people say that hotmail.com works, but I've had intermittent results
ever since MicroSoft took them over, and they officially say:

   What kind of browser do I need to use Hotmail?

   At the current time, we do not support text based browsers. To ensure
   full use of the features of Hotmail, please use a graphical browser.

while MailCity says:

   Can I use MailCity with the Lynx Browser?

   Lynx browser users must use the nonframes version of MailCity...

(which of course isn't true - lynx handles the frames just fine, thank
you very much - but the non-frames version is quicker to use)
You can get an account on MailCity without first having another email
acount.