lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev (patch) activate lynx.cfg changes for current lynx sessi

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev (patch) activate lynx.cfg changes for current lynx session
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 12:13:26 +0400 (MSD)

7-Apr-99 08:46 Henry Nelson wrote:
>> > [...]
>> > What is the configure option or define to NOT compile this in?
>> NO_CONFIG_INFO will hide all this staff (along with lynx.cfg paths).
>                       ^^^^
> Not sure what you mean by "hide"; it's there but you can't see/access it?
Sorry, this is a compile-time flag, it means the staff will not be compiled
into. From the other hand, without this flag you can disable the access to the
feature with run-time LYRestricted variable (normally associated with any
restriction parsed from command line).

We could work out some startup conditions when the feature should be
accessible run-time: say, check whether no restrictions set and we have write
access to the primary lynx.cfg (or one of the included lynx.cfg at least),
perhaps something else. This is up to decisions, not a technical problem.