lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev outofmem() allocating memory

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev outofmem() allocating memory
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 08:09:24 +0100 (BST)

> I think this behavior is same under other POSIX compliant targets;
> It makes sense to me that `fflush(stdout)' should flush it's buffer
> and allocate another.

I'd consider it a bug in the library, especially allocating so much
more than it needs.  The one caveat is that, given that you are allowed
to supply your own buffer until the first write, it might be reasonable
for it to allocate its buffer on the first write.

I guess the defence would be to allocate the buffer oneself.