lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev dumping web pages

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dumping web pages
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 20:53:26 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, Sang Kim wrote:

> Is there any way to dump pages which is protected by password?
>  I used to use -dump -auth=id:passwd option. But server changed
>  its setup to html based login instead of pop up login.
>  Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.

What is "html based login"?  Without a concrete example (URL) it's
impossible to answer yes or no.

Your best bet is to manually do the login, then see the '=' info page,
see whether the login info is somehoe embedded in the URL (or post data).
If yes, you may be able to reproduce this from the command line.
If no, you need to use TRACE (or lynx -trace) to see what's going on.

   Klaus