lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev help for real novices

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev help for real novices
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 17:00:36 +0300 (MSK)

21-Jan-99 01:35 Philip Webb wrote:
> 990120 Larry Virden wrote:
>> If you write the README words, I will try to take those words
>> and locate the person responsible for the HTML page.

> as you have no doubt seen, we had a second such inquiry today.
> below is a patch for README, which i hope will be applied
> to the README in 2-8-1rel.2 & (with 1st line changed) 2-8-2dev.15 ;
> if you can get it included somewhere else, so much the better.

> *** README    Wed Mar 18 05:07:14 1998
> --- readme.d1 Thu Jan 21 01:15:47 1999

No! It's not for README, it should probably fit for INSTALLATION,
drop something like this near the top:
"if you are MS Windows user and want just to install "lynx.exe"
try "precompiled binaries"... from http://...";

and a more direct wording near the top of "release" page:

for Windows and DOS users <a href="#dos">lynx.exe here</a>