lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LDAP client under lynx ?

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LDAP client under lynx ?
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 23:24:39 -0800

On Thu, Oct 29, 1998, Marek Karliner <address@hidden> wrote:

> I would like to know if lynx supports LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access
> Protocol) and if not, is there any other text-based client for LDAP under
> Unix.

I'm not sure if you mean a *web* client, or just a client in
general, but the Mutt email client has support for "external
query", including LDAP and ph.  I'd suggest checking out one of
Brandon Long's pages at:

<http://www.fiction.net/blong/programs/mutt/>

I believe he wrote (some of?) the LDAP support patch(es) which
have since been incorporated into the distribution.  I know
nothing about the subject, but I gather external wrapper scripts
are used for the various protocols, and I think he has copies of
the scripts available at the URL given above.

HTH

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>