lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev pre.10 : Options Form/Menu

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: lynx-dev pre.10 : Options Form/Menu
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 17:37:44 +0900 (JST)

> > savings of 22Kb+ on each file system Lynx is installed.
> >                     ~~~~
>
> I believe you could order a custom version of Lynx without all the features
> you don't want/need. It would be a lot smaller... :-)

Exactly, and one compile option that allows a custom version of Lynx that
is 22kB smaller is "--enable-forms-options" (which I suggest be renamed
"--disable-old-options-menu").

But I've given up fighting for this.  Tom, if you do indeed remove the
option, kindly leave in the EXP_FORMS_OPTIONS symbol so it can still be
done easily.  Thanks.

> > Even the author of the code had reservations about it's security.)
>
> Reservations about the security of the options menu?! Please explain.

   Linkname: lynx-dev form options

__Henry