lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev forms-options patch

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev forms-options patch
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 09:29:22 -0400 (EDT)

981006 Leonid Pauzner wrote:
> From: Philip Webb <address@hidden>
>> there's a very misleading description of Forms Options
>> in INSTALLATION, `configure' & `configure -help':
>> ` --enable-forms-options ' means ` --disable-forms-menu ',
>> ie if you want BOTH you should OMIT this item from configure,
> For those who have difficulty with reading INSTALLATION file
> and for all others this obvious patch proposed.
> Tom, please correct configure help from your side also.
>> Remove a note on EXP_FORMS_OPTIONS from INSTALLATION file to made
>> installation more obvious: we compile in both options menu under the cost
>> of ~30Kb extra executable size, but hold the compatibility with previous
>> versions (for those who like well-know old options menu fashion). New-style
>> menu enabled as default (check lynx.cfg for run-time switch, please).
>> EXP_FORMS_OPTIONS which(!) `#ifndef' the old-style code now #undef'ed in
>> LYGlobalDefs.h.  Let someone who worry about extra ~30Kb read this note
>> in CHANGES and tweak the code manually. - LP

this is a bit awkwardly expressed (smile):
does this drop the configure switch  --enable-forms-options ,
thereby compiling both the old menu & the new form,
leaving it to the user to tweak the code if s/he has space problems?
if so, it would seem to solve the problem i pointed out.
perhaps TD could polish the language a bit for INSTALLATION.