lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev TEXTAREA (was Re: LYNX-DEV Using Lynx woth web "forums")

From: Jacob Poon
Subject: Re: lynx-dev TEXTAREA (was Re: LYNX-DEV Using Lynx woth web "forums")
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 11:39:28 -0400

On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, David Hardy wrote:

> I've no objection to any particular character being used, control or
> otherwise,
> but my suggestion was to allow a method of introducing the escape character
> itself into the text area in case it was needed.

Oh, I finally get it.  Anyway, if I need to enter raw ctrl-key literally
into text area, I suggest to use ^V to activate it, then enter ^key
combination of choice.

As for displaying it, it should look like ^C for ctrl-c.  With the use of
colour (or just highlight), the control letters will be displayed without
preceding caret, and the letter itself is drawn with bold attribute.  For
example:

Pressing:        Displays (without highlight):  Displays(with highlight):

ctrl-V ctrl-C    ^C                             <b>C</b>

Of course, for the sake of readability, the sample text for displays with
highlight is substituted with corresponding HTML code, but you get the
idea.