lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev TEXTAREA (was Re: LYNX-DEV Using Lynx woth web "forums")

From: Jacob Poon
Subject: Re: lynx-dev TEXTAREA (was Re: LYNX-DEV Using Lynx woth web "forums")
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 00:22:56 -0400

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Benjamin C. W. Sittler wrote:

> Perhaps the textarea code could be left intact, except for one additional
> key which invokes the external editor on a file containing the textarea
> contents. That way arbitrary-sized text can be entered, and we don't have
> to make a scrolling text widget for Lynx. When the user finishes editing
> and returns to Lynx, the file would be read and used as the new contents
> of the textarea.

I think there is more to that discussions.  Some mentioned that will allow
anyone to breach security if not handled properly.  While that's not my
concern as I am using (nearly) fully functional shell, admins who monitor
restricted shells may not like the idea.

For a quick fix to this problem, how about adding a -noexternal_editor
switch?