lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Assistance with Lynx

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Assistance with Lynx
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 22:27:55 -0400 (EDT)

980425 Al Gilman wrote:
> to follow up on what Philip Webb said:
> 1.  I don't know why your are unsure about responses,
> the archive has them threaded correctly.

sorry, i'm not going to go & search the Archive
to see it someone has answered a query,
when i believe -- perhaps occasionally wrongly -- that i can answer myself.
queries do get ignored in the general bustle by other people.

i note from the Archive that JH offered an answer similar to mine
but much more detailed a couple of hours after Shirley's request;
also, that you offered a brief comment timed 980425 1013,
which hasn't reached me via lynx-dev.

> 2.  Shirley does not need 2.8 for what she spoke of.  She does
> need configuration setup beyond what she can do from the O)ptions
> screen to make SHOW_CURSOR take effect as a matter of course.

she does need 2-7-2 or 2-8 for what she wants: 2-7-1 does not offer it.

> When you don't have the answer, just step back
> and let _someone who does_ speak.  Try it, you'll like it.

my answer, as far as it went, was not inaccurate.
your move ...