lynx-dev

lynx-dev LYNX-DEV lynx_w32.zip feedback

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: lynx-dev LYNX-DEV lynx_w32.zip feedback
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 10:50:14 -0400

Foteos Macrides <address@hidden> wrote:
>[...]  The C:\lynx\Lynx.trace file gets created
>when I toggle on trace mode (^T), but remains empty, and when I try to
>look at it within Lynx (';'), I get a statusline message of "Looking up
>localhostc.", implying that the slash before the C: isn't being inserted
>when LYMainLoop.c creates the full URL for retrieval of the trace log
>file.

        I tried this with the MingW32 executable, and the (mis)behavior
is identical.  Presumeably the conversion to use of a CTRACE(message)
function or macro will deal with the empty Lynx.trace file problem, but
I suspect the behavior of trying to look up "localhostc" on ';' is an
independent bug, presumeably failure to include a slash before the disk
when constructing the URL passed to getfile().

        The INSTALLATION file states that the sources can be built for
W32 with cygnus, in which case the autoconf will work, under the bash
shell, but doesn't say anything about the MingW32 interface.  Could
someone review all the relevant information about those matters
(explicitly in relationship to Lynx)?

                                Fote
--
Foteos Macrides (address@hidden during April, '98)