lynx-dev

lynx-dev Directory Editing

From: Jesse Wright
Subject: lynx-dev Directory Editing
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 98 06:08:25

Greetings,

  LYNX from the file, OS2LYNX271R1.ZIP (BOBBES),
is the version which is installed on my F: HPFS drive. mY OS is WARP 4.
My major problem right now is that the DIRED mode does not seem to be working.

1.  According to the LYNX Users Guide DIRED mode is entered by use of an URL
of the form file://localhost/path/. Every attempt to open such an URL fails
and generates an Alert. What could be a possible cause of this phenomenon ?

2.  There are descriptions of how to disable DIRED support,
but nothing telling me how to enable it.
How can the current state of DIRED support be determined
and, more important, how can I emable it ?

3.  The Help instructions refer frequently to a choice between UNIX and VMS.
The use of OS/2 WARP 4 as my operating system leaves me in some perplexity
as to what course to follow. For example, how should KEDIT.EXE in G:\KEX
be specified to LYNX as my editor of choice ?

  Thank you for any assistence or suggestions.
  Please reply directly to 'address@hidden' !

--
Regards, Jess