lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV lynx_w32.zip feedback

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx_w32.zip feedback
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 22:31:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Foteos Macrides wrote:

>       I got the current W32 binary to try on this PC with Windows 95.
> It's dev4, even though mods by Wayne are in the dev5 sources at sol, so

The dev 4 binary has the mods for dev 5 in it already.  It was just a
version renaming oversight.

> I don't know if this problem is fixed, but the trace log feature isn't
> working properly for me.

No, it doesn't work yet.  I have looked at it since but haven't figured it
out.  I haven't given up yet, but i'm still nursing my forehead from the
first attempt.

>       I'm also unclear from the sendmail.txt file how to set that up.
> I have a POP3 account set up for access via modem with email address
> address@hidden so that's obviously what should be in the -f
> field, but I'm unsure what to put in the other fields.

Oh my, the SYSTEM_MAIL settings were split up.  I guess the proper
settings now would be:

SYSTEM_MAIL:sendmail
SYSTEM_MAIL_FLAGS:-f address@hidden -h gte.net -r smtp.gte.net -m SMTP

I'm assuming you are a GTE customer.  http://www.gte.com/e/ehinsem.html
shows the following info:

The POP Account: (your user name)@mail.gte.net.
The SMTP is: smtp.gte.net
Your return address is:  (your user name)@gte.net

There is still a dev-wide CC problem at the moment that hasn't been
resolved.  I haven't had time to look into it.  CCs just don't go.

Wayne