lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX, change temp download dir from /tmp

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX, change temp download dir from /tmp
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 18:38:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, T.E.Dickey wrote:

> > MHW> So should I roll up my sleeves and fix this, or will I be met with a
> > MHW> storm of protest?
> >
> > I thought the point of LYNX_TEMP_SPACE was for pointing it someplace
> > other than the system-wide temp area?
> that was my interpretation (if I were to change that, it'd use an
> environment variable, I suppose, rather than compiled-in...)

I don't know that these are incompatible. The following few lines that
define the temp_space logic are from LYMain.c. There is already a
DOS-specific set of environment variables that take precedence over the
TEMP_SPACE variable set in userdefs.h. It should be relatively simple
to add a few lines after the #ifdef DOSPATH section and before the
TEMP_SPACE line to take variables in the desired order. I will leave a
patch to those more familiar with the unix conventions.
                              Doug

    if ((cp = getenv("LYNX_TEMP_SPACE")) != NULL)
        StrAllocCopy(lynx_temp_space, cp);
    else
#ifdef DOSPATH
    if ((cp = getenv("TEMP")) != NULL)
        StrAllocCopy(lynx_temp_space, cp);
    else if ((cp = getenv("TMP")) != NULL)
        StrAllocCopy(lynx_temp_space, cp);
    else
        {
                printf("You MUST define a valid TMP or TEMP area!\n");
                exit(-1);
        }
#else
        StrAllocCopy(lynx_temp_space, TEMP_SPACE);
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)
          address@hidden