lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV of interest

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV of interest
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 14:32:45 -0500 (EST)

971228 Laura Eaves wrote:
> I got the following on another mailing list.
> Thought you might find it interesting.
>
> > Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 00:02:20 -0600
> > Sender: address@hidden
> > From: address@hidden
> > To: Multiple recipients of list <address@hidden>
> > Subject: Federal judge restrains packaging of IE with Windows
> > By Rajiv Chandrasekaran, Washington Post Staff Writer
-- omitted --

there's been very good reporting of this story in Reuter (via Yahoo)
& more in WP since then.  to date, the consensus of commentators seems to be
that M$ lawyers have embarked on a very risky course of attacking the Judge
& his proposed Special Master; as a Canadian, i'm used to judges having
greater authority & public respect than they seem to get in the US,
which isn't meant as a criticism of US judges.

the interest for Lynx supporters has to be that hardly anyone out there
in the great consumer World has heard of Lynx: that there might be
alternatives like Linux, BSD & Lynx is never mentioned in reporting
& commentary on the battles over Windoze, Notstraight & Exploiter.
i tried to get the FT US computer guru to take an interest without success.

we do seem to be improving customer service:
can we manage to find ways of making Lynx better known out there?