lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month1297/msg00500.html

From: vischne
Subject: LYNX-DEV http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month1297/msg00500.html
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 22:10:56 GMT

>                        Re: LYNX-DEV Re: lynx and java
>     * From: David Woolley <address@hidden>
>
>However I think what most people are working on isn't Java, but
>Javascript, which is not susceptible to this sort of approach.  Javascript
>seems to be causing most of the current problems, but support for all the
>latest tricks ("dynamic HTML") would probably require Lynx's internal
>structure to be modified to resemble that of MSIE.
Actually, if you check the http://www.microsoft.com/msdn web site, you'll
find that Microsoft is releasing dll libraries that are the backend of
MSIE, apparently so that any browser running on Windows will simply become
a subset of MSIE.

Note that, at least with the cygwin gcc compiler system, it would be possible
to incorporate such dll libraries using dlltool.exe to generate  .a `import'
libraries.  You would then have a Unix-Windows hybrid.