lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: script to convert those =?? to HTML tags [was Re: LYNX

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: script to convert those =?? to HTML tags [was Re: LYNX-DEV ftp files]
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 13:36:45 -0800 (PST)

> From address@hidden Mon Dec 22 03:12:52 1997
> Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 23:48:37 -0800 (PST)
>
> On Mon, 22 Dec 1997, Nelson Henry Eric wrote:

> > Recently I've been getting a lot of mail with this kind of encoding.  It
> > invariably seems to have various "=??" throughout.  I made a script to
>
> As the header says, this is MIME quoted-printable.  The number after the
> = is the hex code of the character.  The program "mimeqp" will decode
> these, or the  filter mimencode (mmencode) will also do it if invoked
> "mimencode -u -q <infile>outfile".
>                                  Doug
> __
> Doug Kaufman
> Internet: address@hidden (preferred)
>         address@hidden

I myself have similar questions -- have been
downloading various programs suggested
here on lynx-dev, have not yet done make on
them.

But just ten minutes ago I got another one
of these mime things, and traied the
above mimencode-line on it, and it did
NOT de-encode the base64 stuff.

Here is the mail I got (greatly reduced);
please, exactly WHAT PART to I run through <====
that filter (or OTHER program, eg the ones <====
suggested here on lynx-dev in the last
48 hours or so):