lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV problem with files using win95 0.97

From: The Kemmis Family
Subject: LYNX-DEV problem with files using win95 0.97
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 19:40:08 -0600

Problem:
Setting my editor to us the MS-DOS edit program, the file saves default to
the c:\ directory instead of the C:\temp directory.  This is where the
sendmail program wants to find it, it seems to me.

My lynx.bat file is:

@ECHO OFF
set home=c:\progra~1\lynx_w32
set temp=c:\temp
set lynx_cfg=c:\progra~1\lynx_w32\lynx.cfg
c:\progra~1\lynx_w32\lynx.exe %1 %2 %3 %4 %5

At least one of the above commands does not function since an error is
logged on the screen briefly at startup.

My sendmail in lynx.cfg is:

SYSTEM_MAIL:sendmail -f address@hidden -h netexpress.net -r
mail.netexpress.net -m SMTP

I am really clueless about the .bat file.  What function does the %1 %2
etc. stuff do?

And why have all the vms and unix stuff in the lynx.cfg file for WIN95?

BTW, the click on url with mouse feature is interesting. :)

Thanks for any help!

Sincerely,
John L. Kemmis