lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV but in LYCharutils?

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: LYNX-DEV but in LYCharutils?
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 23:20:48 -0500 (EST)

Well I've found the point where memory is being trashed but I don't know
why it's being trashed.

The problem first surfaces in LYUCFullyTranslateString()
in LYCharUtils.c.
Something bogus happens during the loop that bumps p and q.
The problem doesn't surface on the first link, but does on the second.
The logic in this function is quite harry and may not be the source of
the problem.  I found this puting printfs in the code as -trace makes
the problem go away.

Again, the url is http://www.intac.com/~leaves/t.html

And yes, this happens when I configure and build from scratch.
Help appreciated.
--le

PS: It woujld be nice if I could build older versions to see where the
    problem was introduced.
    Is there a way I can get early versions (not just patches)?