lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV RFC2047 decoding of "=?ISO-2022-JP?B" is not happening

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV RFC2047 decoding of "=?ISO-2022-JP?B" is not happening
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 13:24:45 +0900 (JST)

> Don't know when it changed, but RFC2047 decoding of the Subject
> header in NEITHER the news article list NOR in the displayed
> article seems to be happening.  Makes news useless for Japanese.

Perhaps the problem is in WWW/Library/Implementation/HTMIME.c's
HTmmdecode.  I don't see how the following line could work with
JIS coding: "char * qm4 = strchr(qm2 + 3, '?');", but then what
do I know.  If there is indeed a problem here, it might be easier
to put an if clause for a match to either "=?ISO-2022-JP?B?" or
"=?ISO-2022-JP?Q?" to handle Japanese in a non-general manner, i.e.,
by the previous method.

__Henry