lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV proxy and 'z'apped transfer

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV proxy and 'z'apped transfer
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 12:17:39 +0000 (GMT)

> We have proxy cache and sometimes I use 'z' to save my time
> if the file looks too long and/or the connection too slow.
> Later, I check the URL and get it from cache,
> since the background transfer non stopped.
>
> Does the tweak close such opportunity?

For the CERN proxy, it is better if the connection IS closed; it will
lower the priority of the process and complete any cacheable fetch in
the background.  (The only catch with CERN is that you should immediately
abort if the re-fetch is slow, as it will open an uncached connection for
parallel fetches to a caching fetch of the same page.)