lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV How to make Lynx smaller

From: Jeff Groves
Subject: LYNX-DEV How to make Lynx smaller
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 14:47:15 -0700

Now that I've got Lynx to compile under DOS, I'd like to make the
executable much smaller.

I'm planning to run Lynx on an embedded 386 DOS system (actually, it's a
hand-held barcode scanner gun) with only 2MB of RAM.  I don't need ftp,
news, mail, or many of the other features.  All I need is just the basic
browser stuff (although support for cookies is essential, which is why I
can't use Bobcat).

Can anyone suggest some strategic locations for #ifdef statements that
will let me "trim the fat" from Lynx to create a smaller executable?
Also, are there other libraries or compile options that might create a
smaller executable?

If I can get the size from the current 920K to around 500K, everything
should work fine.

-- Jeff Groves
;
;