lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Making lynx more portable and reliable

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Making lynx more portable and reliable
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 08:28:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Victor Schneider wrote:

> It would also help if you remembered that the Win95/WinNT keyboards are
> slightly
> different than UniLinux, and `configure' ought to test for that so that the
> keypad keys and the `enter' key work properly.  Especially since a `configure'
> and compile version of ncurses just doesn't get keys right for many
> applications under cygwin 32 and other flavors of Windows.

I created my original defines poorly when I created the port code for
Win95/BC++ but then again there wasn't anyone else doing lynx work for the
wintel platform and it really looked like there never would be.  All
previous attempts had been abandoned.  Since I have learned programming
almost soley by butchering lynx my only true defense is ignorance.

If I could find some spare time I would rework all my defines and document
them.  Others are welcome to do so, I just ask that the changes are posted
to lynx-dev so makefiles and other build implements can be altered.

;
;