lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Problems with news and ftp with dos version of lynx

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Problems with news and ftp with dos version of lynx
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 21:00:22 +0000

Michael Sokolov wrote:

> Your note about two TCP/IP stacks sharing the packet driver suggests that this
> is a good time to review my proposal that Lynx for DOS use an external TCP/IP
> stack in the same way as Lynx for UNIX and Lynx for Win32 do instead of
> linking
> one into the Lynx executable. This means developing a DOSSOCK specification
> that would accomplish the same task under DOS as WINSOCK does under Windows.

Review all you want, but nobody is going to do it (except maybe you).
Development of a "DOSSOCK specification" and the corresponding code is a
big project, certainly well outside the scope of Lynx.

When DOSSOCK is ready, announce it here and I'm sure several people will
be willing to work on a Lynx port for it.

--
Sandy & Bela Lubkin are traveling around the world for a year!  Now in St.
Petersburg, Russia.  Next week: Helsinki, then -- we don't know!  Stories,