lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV last (I hope!) update to SIMPLEDIR

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: LYNX-DEV last (I hope!) update to SIMPLEDIR
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 10:37:12 +0900 (JST)

I updated "http://163.51.110.11/lynxdev/SIMPLEDIR.gz"; to reflect
the changes Klaus has already made.  Rather than patch README,
I've put a draft of a revision up at "http://163.51.110.11/lynxdev/
README.gz".  This README incorporates everything that was in DESC and
RELEASE_STATEMENT, and updates README.  The proposed README will require
modification (of only the top 3-4 lines of text) with each new release.
The two files, docs/README.html and docs/README.txt, duplicate each other
and don't say anything that isn't said in INSTALLATION or the top-level
README.  I recommend their removal.  I've written a replacement if people
really think there is a need.  It's at "http://163.51.110.11/lynxdev/
README.help".  I think it would be more effective to reference this, or
a similar file, as an http URL than to actually put it in the distribution.

__Henry
;
;